1. Is there a supermarket of grocery store in Farahzad village?
Yes, you can shop from Kadkhoda café right in the middle of the village.
A limited number of food and drinks are sold at Kadkhoda Café.
But notice that this café isn't open every time. [ Back ]
1. Do you need to reserve a room in advance?
Yes, reservation is necessary as there may be no vacancy if you arrive here without booking in advance. Moreover, since our family lives elsewhere, nobody is available in Farahzad when there are no guests at Barandaz. So if you arrive here without a reservation, you may find the lodge closed. [ Back ]
2. How much does it cost per night at Barandaz?
The rooms are currently $35 per night per person. The rate includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. [ Back ]
3. How much does Barandaz charge for children?
Children up to the age of 5 can stay free of charge. Children from 5 to 7 are charged half-price and above 7 are treated as adults.Vulputate justo, cubilia a dolor, fames justo id. Vel vitae. Volutpat quis, donec et, ac amet. Nonummy tincidunt in, lacus ipsum. Ligula vel, nunc accumsan, eu vivamus. Ac maecenas etiam. Nulla ipsum, egestas pede semper, ullamcorper ullamcorper. [ Back ]
4. How can you pay?
You can pay the accommodation costs at Barandaz. [ Back ]
5. Is vegetarian food served at Barandaz?
Yes, if informed in advance, vegetarian dishes will be prepared for you. [ Back ]
1. Is it necessary to book a tour in advance?
Yes, it is better to book your favorite tour so can the necessary preparations are provided for you. [ Back ]
2. Is it possible to stay in the desert over night?
Yes, but as it depends on the kind of tour you select, it is better to choose a tour before you reach here. [ Back ]
3. What is the equipment provided for spending the night in the desert?
You will be provided with stuff like tents, sleeping bags and pillows as part of the tour facilities. [ Back ]
4. Is it possible for a requested tour to be cancelled?
Yes. For instance, if you have selected a stargazing tour, where you can observe the sky through powerful telescopes, it may be cancelled due to poor weather conditions which make it impossible to see stars. [ Back ]
5. Is it possible to change part of a tour?
It depends on the tour. But you are welcome to present your suggestion. [ Back ]
Transportation and access Routes
1. How can you reach Barandaz by public transportation?
You can use public transport in the cities of Tehran, Isfahan and Yazd to come to Khur (the nearest town to Farahzad) and from there you can get to Barandaz by taxi. [ Back ]
2. How can you travel to Barandaz from Tehran?
From South Bus Terminal in Tehran you can take a bus to Tabas or Birjand and then get off at the Khur City station. The buses usually leave Tehran between 11 am and 5 pm. It takes you 9 hours to come from Tehran to Khur and then it is a one-hour's ride from there to Farahzad. Upon your request, we can coordinate with a taxi from Khur to bring you to the lodge. [ Back ]
3. How can you reach Barandaz from Isfahan?
Isfahan-to-Khur buses at Kaveh Bus Terminal in Isfahan usually leave at 1 pm. The travel time is about 7 hours. To get to Farahzad, you need to take a taxi. [ Back ]
4. How can you go to Barandaz from Yazd?
The station for buses to Khur is at Homafar Square in Yazd. They usually leave at about 1 pm and arrive at 7 pm. The only way from there to Farahzad is to get a taxi. [ Back ]